The Girl Next Door
Katie Holmes: 5 Things You Don’t Know About Me (EXCLUSIVE)
By Michael Lewittes
Gossip Cop has corrected a slew of reports about Katie Holmes over the years, especially bogus dating rumors, and now the star exclusively tells us — five things you don’t know about her!
Holmes also shares with Gossip Cop details about her directorial debut.
So, what’s her favorite meal?
What does she watch when she’s winding down?
And what would Holmes do, if she could, at the spur of the moment?
KATIE HOLMES: 5 THINGS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT ME!
1. I love SportsCenter on ESPN.
2. My favorite meal is spaghetti and meatballs.
3. I have always been a huge risk-taker, because I love seeing the unknown, and I love discovering things, and I’m not afraid. I will travel in five minutes. If somebody says to me, ‘You want to go to England tomorrow?’ I’ll be like, ‘Yeah! Alright! Let’s do it!’ I would travel the world over and over and over.
4. I am more thought-driven than perspective-driven, so I don’t always realize that other people are looking at my life, and that can get me in trouble. But I’ve never really lived that way. However, I’m grateful that people care.
5. I love my child more than anything in the entire world. It’s pretty simple.
OK, the last one Gossip Cop could guess.
And it’s the relationship between a mother and daughter that Holmes is also going to explore in her directing debut of the Annie Weatherwax novel, “All We Had.”
Holmes explains to Gossip Cop what prompted her to take her first stab at directing.
She says, “I optioned this book after I read it, and I saw potential for creating a mother-daughter relationship very unique in its dialogue and honesty that we haven’t seen in a while on screen.”
Holmes notes she met with The Fault In Our Stars director Josh Boone, and “I mentioned it to him, and out of that conversation sort of came the idea of me directing it, and he offered to adapt it… He’s so talented, and I was like doing cartwheels.”
She adds that directing has always been something she’s wanted to try.
“I have clear visions,” says Holmes, and after being fortunate to work with “a lot of wonderful, inspiring, creative people, I’ve been able to see great work happen before my eyes. So I’m hoping to do something special and unique.”
What’s your favorite new tidbit about Holmes?